Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Long December...


I’ve been packing my bags -- preparing to leave once again...

It seems that every time I am about leave home for a brief period of time, I happen to come across a song that somehow becomes my travelling companion -- for at least the start of my journey.

This time it’s a track by Joshua RadinWinter. Apparently, it’s on the “Garden State” soundtrack. However, I picked it up from Scrubs.

I remember the sound, of your November downtown...
I remember the truth, of a warm December spent with you...

It’s odd – but, I already know that I’ll be hearing that song on a plane in a few hours, and I’ll be thinking about this post and wondering about certain people who might be reading it...

Flying is generally a fairly undefinable experience nowadays. As a kid, it was much simpler. I loved being on the plane – mostly because of the window seats and the in-flight kid’s pack I’d get.

But, now, I am generally in a mix of feelings. I somehow like the loneliness, and yet, it tends to sting when a good memory of a friend passes by... I am generally looking forward to where I am headed, and looking back, missing where I was.
And, most of the time, I just try and watch myself do that – so I can add a bit of the ‘present’ in that whole equation as well.

Soon, Edward Norton’s voice kicks in – and I start to recall lines from Fight-club somehow.
Flying is really such a process in my head...

Well, I am getting ready to leave for the Asian Games in Qatar. I wanted to have a post up before I do – because, I may not be able to put anything up until the end of December.


... Back to the sprinter-lifestyle then.
We’ll meet at the end of the race...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sushil...I know it's been a while...however, after reading this post of yours, I just knew that I had to let you know ... there hasn't been a day you haven't been in my thoughts, on my mind...
Take good care,
...

Anonymous said...

It's the oddest thing....before reading the post I just had to play the song you mentioned. And as I read the lyrics on your post, Joshua is singing the same.
Miss you sushi.....