Thursday, August 06, 2009

First Morning Moon


When I woke up this morning, my first morning in Aus after my return, I looked out my window.... I was still half asleep (and jet lagged). It was the time of dawn, the sky had just acquired a mild tint of daylight blue and warm pink as the sun must have been rising from the otherside of my house. Meanwhile, outside my bedroom window I could see the moon leaving. It was so beautiful. It was twice the size than I normally saw. In my half-asleep state it felt (as it does very often) that someone creates beauty for my viewing. As if the world without my senses would never have existed.

... When I recall the moment and how I responded it all seems like a dream. Or as part of my elaborate imagination.

I somehow decided to pick up my camera and take a picture of the setting moon. I knew it made no difference because those beautiful colours can just not be captured. See, it was too dark for my aperture and shutter speed to comprehend -- but for my simple untechnological eyes it was all visible.

After I took the picture I kept the camera and went back to sleep. I woke up only 3 minutes later and looked out my window again - and it was gone. The whole moon had disappeared within 3 minutes alone.
Ravens and swallows and magpies flew by celebrating the rising of the sun...

No comments: