Friday, April 19, 2013

Miniature Disasters...

So here I am, back on this blog. Open once again for the general public. I had locked this blog a couple of years ago, only because I didn't want to delete the blog itself. Somehow, when I thought of deleting it, I'd obviously give the blog that 'one last look.' The kind you'd give your girlfriend before you're ending the relationship... You stare at her face trying to tell your mind, "you will probably never see this face ever again... in person. (cause there's always facebook stalking)"

But then your girlfriend starts crying and before you know it you are hooked in again. "Break UP? What break up, honey? I meant we need to take a break, get away from this damn city." Before you know it, that stupid breakup cost you a holiday... and a box of cupcakes.

I suppose the idea of deleting this blog had a similar effect. I mean the blog didn't physically start crying, but reading through my old posts, I got to see how my thoughts had changed over the years. Deleting the blog would almost be like losing the only photos you have of a loved one. You can't have that very moment back, but sometimes the memory of that moment is just so perfect. Sometimes, the memory of that moment is far better than the moment itself. The memory stays positive. Or even if it was a memory of a negative event, you smile remembering how difficult it seemed at the time and how easily you survived that to be where you are today.

And so, I didn't delete the blog. I just locked it away allowing only myself to visit in times when I needed some inspiration from my own past. Until now, when I reached a point in my life where I needed to just exhale. I no longer need inspiration, I just need to create something. I need to find the time to be in touch with myself... and that's just been quite a struggle off-late. I look back and see how, for most part of my life, I have picked up something new just to be able to create something. But after all that, most of us still get stuck with idiots, working through a 9-6 job (which would never end at 6 because no idiot around you will ever be capable of finishing a job in time)...

So many of my days remind me of the Animal School story by Geroge Reavis. And I do look at it and realise that his idea, although a very beautiful one, could probably never work given the sheer number of mouths to feed on this planet. But still... Something about that story that just keeps me going. Keeps me thinking, one day, the Duck will swim with ease again. One day, the Hare will run at speed again....

Only to be chased by a Snow Leopard and die...
...of a heart-attack.

"Silly W'abbit... eh eh eh"
- Elmer Fudd

No comments: